Friday, February 07, 2014

Fabergé Friday

The snow is melting away, and I hope we won't get any more of it now... But in the wait of seeing real flowers popping up through the ground, here are some field daisies by Fabergé! They were made by workmaster Henrik Wigström in 1908.




The heads of the four daisies are made of opaque white, pale pink and translucent green enamel. In the center of each flower sits a bronze-foiled rose-cut diamond. The stalks are made of green gold, and the leaves of nephrite. The plant sits in a silver enameled terracotta flower pot with simulated soil. It was acquired by Queen Alexandra, consort of King Edward VII, and can now be found in the Royal Collection.







4 comments:

  1. omg, först trodde jag att det var en målning! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. So pretty!! Yes yes, flowers - no more snow and cold :)) We need sunshine and happiness now!! I am ready for it!! I hope you have a gorgeous weekend my dear!! Xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. P.S. You could get some semi-permanent hair colouring or play with hair chalks. I may do that as I don't want to damage my hair either. But, hair chalks sound like fun :)) I think it would look great on you, the grey :))) Even just to play ;) <3 <3 <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. wonderful!
    following you now. hope you'll follow me, too!
    happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete

Hyper Smash