Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Down The Yellow Brick Road...

Fräulein Frauke's husband, photographer John Paul Bichard, just turned 50 (or 30, as the candles on the cake said...). For the occasion Mrs Frauke had planned a surprise party, with The Wizard of Oz as the theme. As I happen to own a pair of magic, red glitter stilettos, of course I had to dress up as Dorothy! So I braided my hair, put on a cute blue dress, grabbed my basket, and skipped away down the Yellow Brick Road, to go have cake and drinks with the other people in the land of Oz...



So, here's me as Dorothy, I haven't felt this cute since I was ten! Haha! The dress you've seen before. I made it after a vintage 50s pattern.





All the very well dressed guests arrived half an hour before the birthday boy - who thought he was just coming over for a drink with his wife and her parents...










And then John Paul himself opened the door, at the same time everyone screamed 'SURPRISE!!!'. I thought it was amazing how Fräulein Frauke had been able to keep the whole thing a secret, so the surprise party really became a surprise!



The welcome punch was green, and served in a witches cauldron - to fit the Oz theme. The drink obviously had a different effect on different people, and here we see Elegy Ellem fiercely trying to eat Fanny's hair...







Then the CAKE arrived! Complete with flowers and the Yellow Brick Road laid out with marzipan! Here it is being rolled out by Tin Man himself!







The cutting of a cake is an art in itself. But John Paul showed us all the best way to do it! If I ever get married I have to remember this for when the wedding cake comes out...



There were also cupcakes decorated with exact replicas of my sparkly red shoes - which you can see in the background! The decoration shoes were covered in edible glitter!!! Need to get some of that in every color, so I can sprinkle it on everything I eat!







Fräulein Frauke sang two wonderful love songs from the 40s, for which her voice fits perfectly! It was like going back in time...





The classic Wizard of Oz song Over the Rainbow was also sung by Klara Gratte, dressed as the Cowardly Lion. Having so many different artists as friends really makes all our parties so special...





Here is me with fellow burlesque dancers Ruby Lu Scious and Ivoncita.



The stay in the land of Oz ended far too soon though. And all by a sudden it was time to head back to Kansas and reality... But I leave you with another picture of Tin Man and his very sharp axe!


Photos by Michael Vincent McCarthy Kellerman
Photo editing by Bichard Studios 

1 comment:

  1. Ahh...you looked gorgeous, love your outfit. Everyone looked amazing, what a gorgeous home as well. Loved the cake....really so sweet to have such fantastic friends to celebrate a birthday!! I hope you have a great day doll Xxxxx

    ReplyDelete

Hyper Smash