Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Olivia De Berardinis

When people talk about pin-up art, they usually talk about the old pictures made in the 40s and 50s, by noted pin-up artists such as Gil Elvgren and Alberto Vargas. There are however, artists that still work to keep the pin-up girl alive. One of them is Olivia De Berardinis. As this genre has been, and still is, dominated by male artists, it's nice to see that at least a few women aren't afraid of painting these sassy half naked dream girls. I mean - even though the pin-up was originally created for the eyes of men, today women usually loves looking at them just as much!

Olivia has been working in this genre since the mid-1970s, and is really good at what she's doing! If she ever said she wanted to paint me, I would throw my clothes off right there and then! Even if we happened to be in the local grocery store! Haha! Here is a small collection of her artwork!


Dita-Pink


Jungle Red


Here's Looking At Me


Devil In High Heels


Sweet Nothings


Jester On Black


Dreamweaver


Two Of A Kind


Burning Bush


Witchcraft


To see more of Olivia's artwork, please visit her website here!



















2 comments:

  1. Oooh...I love them so!! Well, I would be in line straight after you to have my picture done too, marvellous!! Well, I wouldn't even mind if she said she would create one of us both together, it would be gorgeous!! I love how delicate, yet life like they are!! Such a talent!! I hope you have a gorgeous day my sweet xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, så snyggt, skulle man ju vilja ha en bild på sig själv av... ^^ =) /Frauke

    ReplyDelete

Hyper Smash