Monday, June 10, 2013

Alexander McQueen - Savage Beauty

In 2011 the Metropolitan Museum of Art, in New York, did an exhibition called Savage Beauty, which showcased some of Alexander McQueen's gorgeous creations. For a preview of the show, photographer Solve Sundsbo depicted some of these outfits with his camera. There are some of the photos from that show:

Oyster Dress Irere, SS 2003

Ensemble Dante, AW 1996

Horn Of Plenty, AW 2009

Horn Of Plenty, AW 2009

Horn Of Plenty, AW 2009

Sarabande, SS 2007

Sarabande, SS 2007

The Girl Who Lived In The Tree, AW 2008

The Girl Who Lived In The Tree, AW 2008

The Girl Who Lived In The Tree, AW 2008

VOSS, SS 2001

VOSS, SS 2001

Widows Of Culloden, AW 2006

Widows Of Culloden, AW 2006



All pictures are from Dark Beauty Magazine.

















2 comments:

  1. I want it all, I want it all & I want it now :))))))) Pleaseeeeeeeeeeee :)) Haha!! All of it is grand, just adore adore his works!! I would turn into one of those awards show hosts that change their outfit after every commercial break and come out in another one of these, haha!! Marvellous. I hope your weekend was gorgeous my sweet!! <3 xxxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Oyster Dress was originally my favourite but then I was struck by the beauty of "The Girl Who Lived In The Tree." All of these garments are absolutely amazing though Miss Meadows, amazing job and a whole lot of effort has so clearly been put into the range. There's something eerily mysterious about it despite the beauty though, it's hard to put my finger on it to be honest with you, I do love them though.

    ReplyDelete

Hyper Smash