Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Saints Of Los Angeles Part 1

For me it feels like this cold, grey, slushy time between New Years and spring is just a long wait for warmer weather and flowers starting sticking up from the ground. So I felt this would be the perfect time to share some of my own holiday pictures from 2010, when me and my sister Christine went to Los Angeles! Since I hadn't started this blog at that time I haven't written about it yet, but this whole trip was a really big thing for me, because it was the first time I was able to leave Sweden after my broken-dancer-chronic-pain-in-hell-years! We actually flew there on the day I turned 30, so because of the time change, I turned 30 three times! So, here we go!





The first day we spent in Santa Monica, on the famous pier, and then just strolling around on the beach walk. The blue dress is from the 80s and used to belong to my mom. It's perfect for hot summer days!


In the subway heading towards Hollywood!


My gluten intolerant sister probably managed to eat some gluten, started feeling bad, and fell asleep outside the Chinese Theatre. I sat beside her, watching all the tourists watching us...


...and realizes Johnny Depp has bigger feet than me...


My favorite day in LA was when we went to Universal Studios!


Entering "House of Horrors". Why are those two men following me?!!!


Inside this scary place I met...


...Count Dracula!!!


Outside Marilyn Monroe did a little show number. I want that car!!!


We were also attacked by Norman Bates. But with a well aimed kick form one of my pretty shoes the danger was averted! Kind of...


Yummy mummy!!!


After that meeting I needed some cool lemonade...


While I rode off into the sunset with my mummy, my sister chose someone with a bigger moustache...

If you're bored with my holiday photos you might not want to read this blog tomorrow, cause that will be the second part of this post!


















6 comments:

  1. I like holiday photos so I will be reading tomorrows post. Looks like you had a great time! X

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great time!! Loved the photos..I want that car too! My uncle remodels cars like that, used to sit and help growing up..too bad he couldn't just ship me one from the US, haha! You & your sister look beautiful!! Shame she fell unwell, hopefully not for long!! Have a great day! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the heck out of these photos Miss Meadows. In my opinion Los Angeles is the finest place in the world and I've only visited once. Seriously awesome photos, the city, in fact the state of California is such a beautiful warm place, words can't describe how much I itch and yearn to go back some day even if it's just for a week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love it! I went to Universal studios this weekend, but I chickened out in The House of Horrors! There were people dressed up in scary costumes following me, for God's sake! :-/ But I loved the rest of it, especially Marilyn in her pink Car! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. fabulous pics. so glad I stumbled across your blog. totally following and can't wait to read more. if you get a sec, I'd love if you'd check out mine. It's all about the adventures of a small town girl taking on the LA fashion scene. xo

    www.fashboulevard.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Hyper Smash